We offer naturally grown heritage garlic bulbs for eating and growing, available by mail-order anywhere in Canada. We currently grow twelve unique varieties, predominantly hard-necked garlic from all over the world.
Grown in the Rocky Mountains of BC, our heritage garlic is free from pesticides, herbicides and synthetic fertilisers. Our seed garlic bulbs are disease free and specially selected from medium-large cloves – the best for growing a great garlic crop. As well as seed, you can order our eating garlic to savour the joys of fresh, organic garlic.
Heritage Garlic Varieties we offer: SOLD OUT for 2012
We will have twelve varieties for sale in 2013. Our garlic varieties are listed as ‘endangered’ or ‘rare’ on the Seeds of Diversity Canada’s database. Supplies are limited, so please order early – ordering opens from May 31 2013.
- Puslinch – A Rocambole Garlic with a strong lively flavour. It grows extremely well for us here at Clear Sky. Seeds of Diversity Canada Endangered Garlic Variety.
- German Red – A Purple Stripe Garlic with a clear, bold flavour. Seeds of Diversity Canada Endangered Garlic Variety.
- Leningrad – This Porcelain Garlic stores very well and has a very hot and strong taste. Seeds of Diversity Canada Endangered Garlic Variety.
- Yugsolavian Porcelain – A Porcelain Garlic that also keeps very well with a strong and tasty flavour. Seeds of Diversity Canada Endangered Garlic Variety.
- Persian Star – This Purple Stripe Garlic has a rich, medium flavour, and an affinity for butter. It makes the sweetest roasted garlic. Seeds of Diversity Canada Endangered Garlic Variety.
- Susan Delafield – One of the hottest, and grows very well for us here. A Porcelain Garlic. Seeds of Diversity Canada Endangered Garlic Variety
- Georgian Fire – This Porcelain Garlic has a good, moderate to very hot flavour. Seeds of Diversity Canada Endangered Garlic Variety.
- Spanish Roja – A full bodied Rocambole Garlic that is recommended in Ron Engeland’s excellent book “Growing Great Garlic: The Definitive Guide for Organic Gardeners and Small Farmers”. Seeds of Diversity Canada Heritage Garlic Variety.
- Asian Tempest – An early harvested asian garlic with beautiful purple stripes.
- Sicilian Gold – Soft Necked, under trial
- Mount Saint Helens – Soft Necked, under trial.
- Russian Red – Large beautiful hardneck. limited quantities available.
Current Garlic Availability & Prices:
- Garlic Seed: $2.75 per bulb,
- Eating Garlic: $12/lb Mail order, $10/lb at the farmers market.
View our full Catalog for further details and options
Where to Buy – Local and Mail Order Options